Charcutiere Sauce RecipeThe Charcutiere Sauce is a finished sauce made with onions, mustard, white wine and chopped cornichons, simmered in a basic demi-glaze. The Charcutiere Sauce is an ideal accompaniment for grilled pork and other meat dishes.
Prep Time: 5?minutes
Cook Time: 25?minutes
Total Time: 30?minutes
- 1 quart demi-glaze
- ? cup chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- ? tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ? cup chopped cornichons
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lemon juice, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter and cook the onions until soft and translucent, but don't let them turn brown.
- Add the wine, heat until the liquid boils, lower the heat a bit and continue simmering until the liquid has reduced by two-thirds.
- Add the demi-glace, then lower heat to a simmer and reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Strain through a mesh strainer, add the mustard and the sugar-lemon mixture. Garnish with chopped cornichons and serve right away.